Frequently Asked Questions
What CAN'T I put into the dumpster?
This list includes, but not limited to:
- Hazardous materials
- Paints (oil, aerosol, or water based)
- Oils (motor, hydraulic, or food)
- Fuels (gas, diesel, or propane)
- Batteries (any type)
- Poison (insecticides, pesticides, herbicides)
- Fluorescent bulbs
- Propane tanks (even if empty)
- Tires (on or off wheels)
- Appliances with freon (AC units, refrigerators, freezers)
- Electronics (televisions, computers, laptops, keyboards, and mice)
- Office equipment (printers, fax machines, and phones)
- No more than 1 cubic yard of dirt, rock, concrete or heavy material
How and when do I pay?
- Acceptable payment methods are cash, local check, debit card or major credit card (VISA, MC, AMEX or Discover).
- Credit/debit cards are not processed until delivery date
- Checks and cash payments must be picked up at delivery
- Contractors, with approved credit apps, may be invoiced
How much weight can I put in the dumpster?
Heavy materials such as rock, dirt, concrete, and plaster can quickly add up. Please remember to limit heavy materials unless discussed with Fire Bins prior to delivery.
How soon can I get a dumpster?
We usually deliver on a "next working day" basis, but we will accommodate same day deliveries whenever possible.
When will it be picked up?
Typical residential placements are for 7 days, but shorter and longer periods of time can be arranged. Licensed contractors may qualify for extended set times. We call every customer a day or two ahead of scheduled pickup date to confirm the dumpster is ready.
Where will it be placed?
Roll-off dumpsters can be placed wherever the customer requests, provided it does not create a safety hazard. Street placement must comply with local regulations and may require a permit (additional costs may apply). Lawn placements will require a waiver.
Will it damage my driveway?
No. Fire Bins has wide rollers on most containers and four rollers on the 11 yard containers. We also provide wood boards to protect the driveway so dumpsters on new, stamped, or faux finishes are completely protected.
How full can I fill my dumpster?
Dumpsters may be filled level to the top edge of the container. Overloaded materials may require the customer to offload excess material to facilitate safe travel.
Will the load be covered?
Yes. Fire Bins hand tarps loads before transport.
Does someone need to be home or at the placement locations?
No. As long as the container is paid for, the area is accessible, and Fire Bin's has good placement instructions, no one needs to be present at the delivery location.
Can I move the dumpster?
No. The roll-offs are designed to be moved only by specially equipped vehicles. Property and/or dumpster damage may result if there are attempts to move the dumpster.
Are there really no hidden charges?
There are NO hidden charges. Please note that overweight dumpsters, extended rental times, extra trip fees, hazardous materials, or damage to the container may result in additional costs. These are, however, spelled out before or at delivery.